We have had computer issues lately- those darned wonderful, cursed, computers! I think I will be able to get this blog on and then some photos may come in a while. We just have to find the photos first! I wish I had a videocamera when I had the kids at the park the other day. There is a good sized rock that they have put foot holds on like for rock climbers. Josh was attempting the steepest part of the rock. He got halfway and then started calling to me for help. He had one foot on a foothold and one was hanging free. I decided to just sit back and watch for a moment (he was only about 1-2 feet off the ground). He kept calling and saying he was stuck and needed help. Zach had been sitting nearby digging in the sand. He saw what was going on and like a good brother (plus the fact that Josh has saved his life at least twice in the past year and thought he owed his brother) Zach goes over and puts his little plastic green shovel under Josh's free foot and says, "don't worry Josh, I got ya" to which Josh replied (in quite a frantic voice) "no you don't!" (understandable as there really was no support whatsover from that little shovel) This scenario went on for a bit while I got a good laugh- then I went to help.
I had hot rollers in my hair the other day- I don't think I have done that in oh, 3 or 4 years. This was a new and funny look for mom. All three of the kids were pretty interested. (and laughing). A few days later as we were watching a Little House on the Prairie episode (the boys like watching that- I wouldn't have guessed they would be there yet, but they are- nice to finally watch something we all enjoy- not just Winnie the Pooh and The Land Before Time.) Zach was watching Nellie, with her big barrel roll curls and says, "Mom, she is like you with the hot pinecones in her hair!"
Zach was being shocked by a blanket yesterday and says, "it keeps sparkling me"
This morning I asked Lexi, "what are you doing?" Zach answered, "She's hanging with me"
Then later in the morning we were driving around a neighborhood and saw another deer. We saw just one so I said, "where's his family?" Zach says, "I think they got washed away. We better keep him". Another note- the other night driving home we saw a fox running by just a few blocks from home. Dave was pretty jazzed about that one.
Dave is also pretty excited about going up a mountain to see and take pictures of the mountain goats. He was telling Josh about this and Josh says, "You go find the goats, then come back and tell me and I will get my shoes on". He doesn't quite get that it would be a 14,000 ft. trek up the mountain and if Dave did do that he would be in no shape to turn around and do it again- nevermind the time issue, but cute anyways.
Another thing- I found what just might be the death of me- getting three little kids (& myself)fed, dressed including shoes & jackets, diapers and bottles, Josh's lunch and backpack, and out the door by 7:45am every morning. What an exhausting, stressful way to start the day. Unfortunately, Dave usually leaves the house before that time although lately he has started dropping Josh off like once a week. This is enough to make me want to homeschool! I have actually been thinking more about doing that- although not just for the morning situation, because I would be trading that for having them all home with me all day- another exhausting thought. But I see so many benefits of homeschooling. So I will keep thinking, praying and researching. We will see.
That's it for now!
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
1 comments:
Last year almost killed me (well not really), but getting all the kids in the car every morning to drop off Cole at kindergarten. Then he would come home with homework...
Homework in kindergarten?
I shouldn't complain, he went to a great school and learned so much that I feel like he is ahead of his age in knowledge. This year of homeschooling is nice to all be home together. I'm still learning how to homeschool, though. This could be called my practice and get the kinks out year.
Post a Comment