Thursday, November 6, 2008

Josh Lately

Josh has gotten into looking at magazines now- He get's Boys Life after joining cub scouts and he will also pick up my Family Fun magazine or catalogs that are on the table. He shows me things he likes and wants and one time found something for dad- it was an ad for Tums or Tylenol or something like that.

Last week the dog had chewed up a little plastic wagon that was out back so after seeing that, I, without thinking, which I should be careful about, said, "stupid dog!" Josh was a bit alarmed (which is probably with good reason) and said, "but you're still taking care of him, right?" (by the way that's part of the problem- the dog is really for the kids and Dave- I'm not much of a pet person and who gets to do all the taking care of him?!?!? Me, of course! The boys do pretty good feeding him each day but I usually have to remind them as well as take him to the vet, stay on top of shots, get a dog license, make sure I buy the dog food, picking up dog poop so the kids don't step in it, cleaning it off shoes when they do step in it, rescuing toys from his mouth, forever letting him in and out the backyard all day, and dealing with him being at my knees everytime I turn around in my small kitchen trying to clean or cook.) If the kids didn't love him so much, I would be ready to be dogless again in a heartbeat- could you tell that?!

Last night was an awards ceremony at Cub Scouts.

This was the bridge they walked over to get their bobcat badge. They were told they are no longer boys, but scouts!


Dad pining it on.
The boys saying, "Thank you" to the parents.

Retiring the colors.

0 comments: