Well, we are now actively trying to get Lexi to only use the pacifier for sleeping. She, unlike the boys, has carried this on past 1 year and seems increasingly more attached to it. For many reasons, such as, I spend half my day searching for the darn thing, I don't look forward to winter germy season and that thing falling all over the place and going right back in her mouth, and she'll be 2 in a couple months. It has been almost as tough on Zach as Lexi. I was explaining to Zach a couple days ago that we were going to be keeping the pacifier in Lexi's crib so she could only have it at night time. He became pretty upset and almost crying, said, "we can't do that!" when I asked him why he said, "she would miss it!" Well, he did get that part right-she does ask for it quite often. Even when she was not asking for it Zach asked her if she wanted her pacifier. I told him, no, you can't say that to her to which he replied, "I want her to be happy!" So if it's not Lexi asking for her pacifier, it's Zach saying, "Mom, can Lexi please have her paci?" or "Dad, can I get Lexi's paci?" She is doing ok and each day I think she thinks about it a bit less. I have noticed fingers in her mouth a few times though- uh oh!
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
1 comments:
Hey Heather! I love the pictures and "catching up" with what you all are up too! We had Mat's b-day party today and we missed you! If felt like you were supposed to be here.
Anyway - about the paci - for Madison we snipped off the end of the pacifier, so when she went to put it in her mouth it didn't feel right. She ended up throwing it away herself and that was that!
Megan - well thats another story. She is still using it at night time and in the car.... and when she is cranky... and when I need some peace and quiet! But - we'll be doing that soon.
Good luck!
I'll talk to you soon. Give everyone hugs and kisses from us. I am so glad to hear that everything went well with Josh.
Love ya!
Shawna
Post a Comment