Monday, October 13, 2008

Post Surgery



Josh has been home a couple hours now. Doing much better than awhile ago. The surgery went well. The Dr. said the adenoids were quite large- so good to get them out, plus now he is no longer tongue-tied! He was very good and very brave before the surgery, afterwards it was a rough hour or two. He was coughing quite a bit, said everything hurt, didn't want any of the drinks, popsicles, or medicines he was supposed to have. First thing in the door Zach asked if he wanted to play 'son and dad'. I explained that Josh was going to be taking it easy all day. Zach said he could have 2 minutes to rest. But I guess he saw he was not quite himself because not long after he told Josh, "I'll take care of you forever, Josh." Lexi was very interested in his spiderman bandaid with gauze under it so we made her one of her own just like her big brother. We stopped to rent a couple movies at RedBox on our way home so the boys have been pretty happy with movie watching most of the day. Josh just came to tell me that his body is all healed so I guess he is feeling better. He has only had jello (orange is his jello and popsicle of choice) and water since coming home and we still have to continue some medication for the week, which he hates so I think we still have a bit of healing time to go, but I am glad the surgery is over and went well.

1 comments:

Becky Martin said...

Glad all went well and he has that behind him. He does not look like his normal self. Poor Joshie :(