For a couple months now Zachary loves to act like he is a dog. The amusing part is that he feels the need to ask my permission to do it. He will always ask, "Can I be a dog, mom?" and if I don't answer or if I am busy and offhandedly tell him to wait a minute he continues with, "please, can I please be a dog?!" He won't start acting like one until I tell him, "yes, you can be a dog." I don't even really interact with him- he just crawls around, barks, lays with Rico, but I guess he needs someone to acknowledge that he is going to be a dog.
The other day coming home from school he said he didn't like school (most days he does). Then I hear him say a little softer, "God, please don't send me to school." I tried asking him why he didn't like it- I never really got an answer just, "that's my idea- I don't go to school!"
He has started telling me, "mom, I have bad news and good news. Which do you want first?" Sometimes he has things that make sense like what's the bad news, Zach, "my toy fell behind the furniture, now the good news- I'm safe" Sometimes they don't make so much sense.
This morning I was combing down his sticking up hair and after I finished he walked out to the living room and asked Josh, "Am I pretty?" Josh didn't really answer or I may have heard a soft, "no" to which Zach replied, "If you don't say I'm beautiful, I'm going to wrestle you over!"
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment