This afternoon was another adventure in 3 kids at the Dr's office. I had a headache before even arriving to the appt. Upon arriving (late, of course) Lexi had dropped her pacifier somewhere amongst all the toys, jackets, books, diapers, etc in the van- I looked briefly, but not seeing it, we had to head in knowing it could become a problem later. This is some of the fun I got to endure during our hour long visit. Zach arguing with another kid in the little play area, all 3 of them putting their hands in the rock wall waterfall- playing with the rocks and getting themselves and the floor pretty wet, while in the hallway waiting for Josh in one of the rooms- Lexi pushing the stroller down the hallway, bumping into things and then screaming when I went to bring her back (while Josh is trying to do a hearing test), playing with a bouncy ball that went all over the place- all this while I am trying to fill out the 5 pages of paperwork they give you as a new patient. We then went into the exam room - Lexi has a very stinky dirty diaper, Zach is scooting around the room on the swivel chair while Lexi is pushing all kinds of buttons she should not be touching. Zach tries pushing levers to get the chair to go up and down while Lexi starts crying for her paci. I found some fruit snacks in my purse that held Lexi over for a bit, but by the time the doctor came in Lexi was getting pretty upset - so I was standing trying to rock her a bit as the Dr. did a quick check of Josh then as the Dr. is asking me questions and we are trying to talk the boys are getting louder, squirming all over, starting to wrestle, poke each other, etc. Numerous times I have to physically grab one of them and try to seperate them or place myself inbetween them, & tell them to be quiet because I can't even hear the Dr. At one point I feel I have to actually tell the Dr. that they are not normally THIS out of control ,that it is a bad day- she laughs and I probably would have had I not be so close to screaming or crying.
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
2 comments:
Oh, I feel for you. Why do they have a nice play area for the kids in the first waiting room with the TV, but then they call you for your torture wait in the small room with nothing for the kids to do, and you wait the longest in this small room! You get to the room with no toys and the kids can't help but want to touch all the buttons and levers and the trash can, and you try to keep your active boys from climbing the walls in this claustrophobic room that is even smaller after you try to fit the stroller in.
I have been there, but imagine three boys and a baby!!
We should get medals of honor for enduring these doctor appts!!
Bummer - I'm sorry you had such a stressful afternoon after such a nice one on Monday. I love the description of "Jr".
Post a Comment