I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks! I thought it might be a few days. Besides the fact that there are a million things to do a day we also ran into phone lines that didn't work and just got the internet up and working 2 days ago. This move was by far the most difficult of the 5 moves we have made in the last couple years. Due to the fact that there are now 3 little ones underfoot requiring lots of attention plus without all our regular moving help of family and friends- we did find 2 high schoolers on craigslist who said they would be there sunday morning to help and of course, didn't show! So we had our big penske truck and Dave and I and the kids to load and unload all our stuff- was a dismal looking situation for a bit, but we had some wonderful people come to our rescue- a friend took the kids for quite a few hours (even though she already had 5 other kids at her house for the weekend- what a saint!) and a friend at Dave's work helped provide a big strong guy to help with the moving (which actually went into the next day as well and he brought his brother that time) Soooooo after starting friday morning with the carpet, and packing, loading, unloading the penske and countless trips in the van, the cleaning of the rental house came to an end monday night at 10pm. It was a long, exhausting, week-end- one I hope not to repeat for many, many years - if ever!!! But, we have been in for 2 weeks now and have the next year or two if that's what it takes to unpack, clean, put up shelf paper, organize, paint furniture, put up curtain rods, repair things, work on the yard, etc. We have a list a mile long of to do's and 800 boxes still to unpack, but the more we have painted, carpeted, got all our furniture here and start to put things on the wall- we LOVE it!! It is a wonderful home and we are so happy and thankful to have it! We have had some great weather lately too- nice, but not too hot. Oh, and we did add a dog to the mix a couple days after moving in. (like there wasn't enough going on) An opportunity arose and we took it- it is an almost 3 year old (that's the part that sold me- already through the biting, peeing, puppy stage) chocolate lab. He is a great dog. The kids love having him. He is BIG and he came with the name Rico so he is either MochaRico or just mocha or just rico (or Rico Slobay). There is lots more I could say about the past 2 weeks and of course lots of photos to share, but that will have to wait. I will hopefully get some more on here and there as I can.
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment