I took the boys to the dentist yesterday. It had been awhile for Josh and never for Zach.
Zach got pretty upset talking about going. I was apprehensive myself. I had visions of the haircut-like screaming leading up to throwing up. Well once we got in there Zach was intrigued by the different type chairs they had in there, he thought they were like haircut chairs. (I didn't think we needed to be talking or thinking about haircuts just then- but he seemed ok with it) He liked the "ride" of the chair laying back and did surprisingly well. I just had to coax his head back down a couple times, but he did really well and it was over pretty quickly. After they had done the cleaning he sits up and says, "how does my hair look?"
Poor Josh always seems to have teeth issues. They ended up deciding it would be best to just pull his front 2 teeth (just in time for aunt Shannon's wedding and first grade photos) plus a few other cavities to take care of. So after we got home I told Josh that the dentist was going to pull his 2 front teeth. He said, "pull them? How are they going to do that- they are stuck in there." I told him they had tools that would help them take them out. (wrong thing to say) He got alarmed, put his hand over his mouth and said, "TOOLS?? Like a HAMMER??" Those would be the only tools he knows of at this point- oops! So I told him no, like little dentist tools and that it wouldn't hurt.
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
6 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment