Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dental Disaster

It was a very hard day at the dentist yesterday. The boys both had some fillings plus pulling Josh's 2 front teeth. I haven't even wanted to write about it- it was pretty tramatic for all of us! Both of the boys had appointments at the same time- so they were in rooms right next to each other. I started with Zachary until I heard Josh yelling (through closed doors mind you), so I went to be with him until I would hear Zach yelling and crying more so I would go over to his room. (carrying my purse and Lexi on one hip the whole time- my other hand trying to help hold Zach down, or holding Josh's hand while talking to them both) They kept telling Josh to breathe through his nose, since they were giving them both the "happy gas"- (nothing "happy" about it!)in a tube on the nose. well, he has a hard time breathing through his nose so all the junk they were working with was going down his throat and he was about gagging and kept saying he was going to throw up. Meanwhile Zachary became so worked up after the shot and then his mouth getting numb that even with the dentist and 2 dental assistants they could not keep him from moving all over the place (they later said "he's so strong, what do you feed him?") so they ended up putting him on a board that strapped him down with a blanket over it.- looked so awful. Since I was going back and forth- each room ended up telling me they thought the kids did better when I was not in the room so for the last 10 minutes I stood out in the hallway and cried. (I could still hear the yelling and crying). The dentist came out to talk to me when he was done (while the assistants finished up) When he asked if I was ok, I started crying harder and couldn't even answer. The boys came out a few minutes later seeming fine. Although Zach has brought up the fact that, 'the Dr. put him in a bag' a few times since and after discussing it again this morning said, "next time let's just stay home!" I agree Zach! I could cry again just replaying it. After Dave heard the ordeal he thought maybe he should be the one to take them next time.

1 comments:

Jen said...

oh man! I wanted to cry just reading about it.
I haven't commented for a while on your blog but have been dying to say congratulations on your new house. I would love to hear more about it, like how big? how many rooms? It looked like there was a rec room or a bonus room/or basement. How do you like the neighborhood, etc... You can email me if you want. I would love to see more pictures of it. By the way...great dog!