
So here he is- Rico, the chocolate lab! He came to us with the name Rico (like Puerto Rico- that is where his previous owner was from), but the first thought I had was Rico Suave- and I really wanted to change the name! However without having another name ready the boys just used Rico and it has sort of grown on me. But I do call him Mocha occasionally or MochaRico or like I said before Rico Slobay because he is a bit of a slobberer, mainly after drinking. He is almost 3 years old so he is the perfect mix of still young and wanting to run and play ball, but already trained and can just lay on his bed during the day too. He is a good dog, big which means he can scare strangers at the door- good & can pull Josh onto the concrete when nearing the park on a walk- bad. Dave and the kids love him (I like him fine too- just never been much of a dog, or any kind of animal person) Josh is a little timid of him when he barks (it is a loud bark) but loves to feed him and walk him, Zach is very lovey with him- gets down on the floor next to him to pet him or hug him and always says, "come on, boy, come on buddy- wanting him to come with him wherever he goes. Lexi is not afraid at all even though he can knock her down no problem. She will get right in front of him to get the ball (Josh won't do that) but is often heard saying, "NO doggie" and "sit!" Being at his level plus often having food or crumbs on her face she gets the most of the licks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment