Tuesday, January 8, 2008

MORE snow!



This morning Josh was 15 min. late to school due to snow. We went out to the car and spent the next 15 min. trying to de-ice the windows and get the sliding doors to open. The boys were outside the car waiting until they started complaining about the cold so they had to crawl from the front seat to the back since the sliding van doors were not budging. (getting snow all over my seat in the process) I had to lean over the seat and try to buckle Lexi in her seat from the front. My hands were about frozen too as I had gone out without any gloves. During the middle of all this I had the thought that I should have just walked Josh to school, however that also meant getting out the backpack for Lexi since a stroller would not make it plus getting boots on Josh and the time and cold that a walk to school would take as well. Don't know that it would have actually been better. Even after 15 min of scraping some of the windows still had limited visibility so that makes for an exciting drive to school- luckily it is only 3 blocks away. When we got home I put Lexi in the backpack and grabbed the shovel to shovel out the walkway and driveway. Zach was happy to accompany me with his plastic shovel and Lexi has never been so quiet and content for so long. If only I could handle carrying 35 pounds on my back all day while doing laundry, dishes, etc. I would get so much more done.When I took her out of it she said "ah" and pointed back to the backpack like she wanted back in. We went out a while later to the library and the van doors were still iced shut. It took til our way home about noon for them to open. I didn't count on that happening. It is an adventure!

0 comments: