Thursday, January 22, 2009

This & That

We have had the BEST weather the past 5 days! Nearing 70 degrees. Feels like a Jan. in southern california (when they re not having their summer weather in Jan. that is) Yesterday we were at the park in short sleeve shirts, looking for some shade, and I had the windows open at home. Love it. I am still hoping for some good snow days to come though because I feel we have had not too much of the really cold or snowy days yet this winter. I think it may be coming before too long.

Lexi now tells me, "I need coffee!" Oh, no! But I think what she really wants is to stand on a chair next to the counter, stir stuff and throw coffee grounds around everywhere.

The boys are enjoying their Wii games. Maybe too much. The other night I heard Zach crying in bed, when I went in he was not really totally awake and when I asked what was wrong he said, "I can't get to the next level."

Today taking Zach to school he said, "Zhoria says I am her boyfriend, but I am not. She says so, but I don't like the idea."

When Lexi does something good she likes to give high fives. She puts up her hand and says, "Give me my five!"

Lexi uses my hair as a security blanket just like the boys did (even though I swore I would not let it happen a third time- it hurts sometimes!) She has told me a couple times lately, as she grabs for my hair, "I love you (your) hair"

This past weekend Josh wanted to watch the home video of him swimming a race in swim team a couple summers ago, so we watched that and others of the boys when they were younger. They were so sweet and little and cute (it's too bad I was too exhausted and overwhelmed at the time to fully enjoy it!) The boys really liked watching them and were laughing at themselves. It was fun. We did get some of Lexi her first year, but have now realized we have missed the past year of her growth and changes so that is one of my "to do" list items now- video Lexi.

Yesterday we had 2 friends from bible study over in the morning. The moms got to enjoy coffee and adult conversation while the kids played downstairs. Josh has tomorrow off school for a teacher in-service day. We are going to meet my friend Joan and her 2 boys at Focus on the Family to let the kids play.

0 comments: