




I started a little photo album book 4 years ago titled "Sittin with Santa". Each year starting when it was just a 15 mo. old Josh I put their photo with santa in (with what they asked for written next to it.) So we headed to the mall. When we had started talking about Santa about a week ago Zach had been saying he didn't want to see Santa. He had been fine with him last year so I thought that was weird that he would now have a problem with it. All these photos were taken in line before we actually saw santa. We could see the warning signs that Zach was not going to be real happy. I thought we might have a picture of an unhappy boy (and maybe Lexi) which is ok because they are funny to look back on later. When it was our turn, Josh and Lexi went to Santa fine, Zach threw a fit "getting his haircut" style and I'm pretty sure santa got kicked in the process. Zach's crying also set Lexi off crying. So santa says "take the kids" and I'm thinking- ok he wants us to leave, as it turns out they had an alternate scenario for kids like Zach. They wanted the kids to sit on santa's chair while santa hid behind the chair and then when they were happily sitting santa peeks out from behind the chair and they take the photo that way. Well, Zach never sat in the chair even with santa gone. So what we ended up with was Josh and a semi happy Lexi, santa peeking from behind, no Zachary,and an audience watching a crazy kid and almost as psycho mom trying to get all her unhappy kids to take a photo with santa. Dave just stood back and watched, maybe hoping nobody would know he was with us! So looking back on this page in the album we will have a story to tell and I can always hope that next year goes better. When we got out to the car I realized that my digital camera was gone- so I ran back in and retraced our steps asking at a couple places where we had stopped to no avail. I then checked back at the santa area- yes, thankfully, it was there. I had set it down and in the midst of all the chaos had left it. On our drive home Josh was telling us what he told santa he wanted (a sleigh, meaning sled, and a remote controlled cat) then Zach unhappily says "I'm not getting anything." He may rethink sitting on santa's lap in order to tell him what he wants.

2 comments:
Did you go home and take a nap? Matthew saw Santa at the Mall so I'm thinking of trying to get a photo this year. Hopefully I can tell of a better experience.
Hey Joan,
I sure felt like taking a nap, but that hardly ever happens these days. As far as remembereing what Zach says I have to write it down as soon as he says it (or as close as possible) otherwise I would forget. I started putting all those cute little things from all the kids in a notebook cause in a year, or day I would definitely forget it forever. Out of the mouths of babes!
Post a Comment