Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Don't Think I'm Going to Make It!

I am sooooo exhausted! The last week and a half has looked like this- get up- get Josh off to school, feed and dress the other 2, do errands to get paint, lights, etc, meet people at the new house- like carpet guys, water guys, gas leak guys, make phone calls to change addresses, set up and stop utilites, get Josh and Zach set in their new schools next year, etc., home to try to pack but all with interruptions of a 3 year old and 15 month old, pick up Josh and Natalie from school, make a snack for the kids, then when Dave gets home- load up the van with stuff, go to the new house, unload the van, paint til 10 or 11pm (sometimes stopping at Walmart or the grocery on the way home), come home to get things ready for school the next day, sometimes throw in some laundry or take a shower- go to bed very late and get up to do it again. Tonight while painting I had to lay down on the floor for a bit cause I was feeling shaky and tears came on the drive home- I'm just so tired!!! The hard part being that there is still so much to do! Tomorrow is Josh's graduation. I will need to get him ready for that and then try to entertain and watch the other 2 (Dave has a meeting and won't make it to graduation) before and during graduation AND take pictures of course- not sure how that is going to work out- then it will be more packing and phone calls, more painting and clearing the floors for the carpet layers to come Friday morning. Followed by Fri, Sat., Sun and Mon of more packing, moving and cleaning the rental. In my mind I know it will all get done but right now my body and emotions say- HOW???? I know after a nights rest (although not long enough) it will not seem quite as bad, but I just needed to tell someone (or a few someones). Thanks for listening and your prayers would be appreciated!

4 comments:

KaMiBeN said...

I will pray for you sister!

Michal said...

Hi Heather, I can imagine how exhausting all that is. I'm praying.

Plasterer Family said...

Thanks Kami and Michal! I really appreciate it!!

Jen said...

Wow! I understand exhaustion to the point of tears and delirium. I will pray that in your weakness that God will give you His strength, and that you will be able to focus on the priorities. I remember when I moved from the condo to the house we are in now, I didn't realize how stressful moving is on kids. Mine were only 4, 2 1/2, and 5 mos., so I didn't think it affected them much. My 2 1/2 year old started sucking his thumb right after the move and continues to obsessively do so to this day. I wish I had slowed down a bit to focus on my kids more during that time. Don't ask me how, but maybe you could pray and God will show you. I'll pray as soon as I stop typing.
By the way, congratulations on the new house!! :-)