Friday, March 14, 2008

When Does It Stop?!?!





This is our morning on March 14th. Last night the news said there would be snow in the mountains and would be in the low 50's with maybe some rain here. A little off on that one. We do have 6 more days til the 'official' first day of spring (although in my socal book it has been spring for a few weeks now) so I can give it til then to quit this craziness. We are so looking forward to our trip to sunny southern california next weekend- you better have lots of sun and warmth for us- no overcast or rain allowed that week!




4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hello Heather,

I just linked over from the What's Cooking? blog. I did not know that you moved to Colorado Springs! Was it a job relocation or other?

We may be moving out of So Cal this year, as well.

Plasterer Family said...

Hi Jessica,
My husband looked for a job here for almost a year. We wanted a slower paced, more outdoorsy and cheaper place to live. We have been here 5 months and absolutely love it! It is hard to leave family and friends but I think it has been a very good thing for our family. Where and why are you looking to move??

Jessica said...

We would like to move for many of the same reasons that you have moved. Thank you for the encouragement!

My husband works in law enforcement, and about 15 months ago he was in an on-duty motorcycle collision. The injuries were not severe (Praise God) but he has had multiple wrist and knee surgeries. We are anticipating that he will not be able to return to full duties as a police officer, and so he will leave the department with a medical retirement. At that point, we will plan our move.

We have visited Indiana twice. We like the landscape in the Southern half of the state (rolling hills, lots of trees. It is considered the "Midwest" but it really has the feel of a Southern and/or East Coast state.)

We are hoping to find a 5-10 acre property -these are very abundant- and we should be able to get this with a nice home for 250K-300K.

I'm a little concerned about trying to sell our existing home in this slow real estate market. We may consider keeping it as a rental property.

Anyway, you mentioned family and friends- yes, our family will be very disappointed.

I am excited about this possible new journey! I am glad to hear that you love Colorado.

Plasterer Family said...

Jessica,
I am sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I am glad it was not too serious. God has a bigger plan in it all. It is an exciting journey to be considering. I pray God leads you right where He wants you.