Adventure was the key word of the day. It has been a nice weekend- sunny and in the 50's maybe nearing 60 degrees so we went for a hike in Red Rock Canyon- near and similar to Garden of the Gods, but a little flatter hiking area and lots and lots of trails. It was like one of those 'Choose Your Own
Adventure' books (if you are old enough to remember that) cause you could take all kinds of turns and end up on different trails. It will take us some time to explore that area- something the boys won't mind doing at all. We had a picnic lunch at the start and then when we were ready to start hiking I said, "ok boys time for our
adventure!" Zach laughed and said, "I lOVE when you say
adventure, mom!" I don't think Josh stopped running/ skipping the entire hour and a half. He walked way more than we did cause he would run up and come back to us, up and come back plus he would veer off to climb any rock or ledge he saw and didn't want to go home when it was time. Lexi loves being in the backpack- my back got a little tired at the end, but it was a good afternoon outside. One of the things we love about here- so many great areas to enjoy outdoors just minutes from home.
4 comments:
I am so glad that you are happy living there. It looks just beautiful! I love your son's comment: "I love it when you say adventure, mom!" Very cute and funny. Hopefully I'll be posting beautiful pictures of my new home soon!
Sorry, I didn't mean to reply twice. You can erase it for me. :-)
I love it when you say adventure too!!!
Post a Comment