Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Deer are Near





This morning Lexi, Zach and I were on the way to Safeway and at a stop light Zach saw a yellow sign with the picture of a jumping deer on it and asked me what it was. I told him that meant there are deer around and to watch out for them. Two streets later, I saw a house for sale sign and went down the street to check it out. As I approached the house I saw what I thought were big deer decor on their front lawn which turned out to be real deer. We stopped to watch them- there were about 5 of them just walking around the house and in the street. I took some photos, then drove further down the street and we kept seeing more and more- we saw maybe a total of 15 just roaming about the neighborhood. It was very cool (and a prompt example to Zach of what those yellow signs mean). We took Josh back there after we picked him up from school and did see a couple more then. The boys forever call them reindeer even though I tell them, no, just deer. Something we'd never see in Santa Clarita:)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That is definitely something you wouldn't see in SCV, although, I saw a pack of coyotes run past my back fence a couple of weeks ago.
I'll take deer over coyotes anyday.
:-)

MillerFamily said...

Hey Heather
Jen Rodin sent me your blog. Just thought I'd say hi and welcome to Colorado!!!! How did you like that snow today? If you would like to get together sometime we are in Monument about 20 min from you guys it sounds like, email me at melanie@cookingsimply.com I hope all is well!
Melanie Miller oh and Paul oh the kids too!! :)